Once your oral surgery is scheduled at our Logan, Utah, office, we will provide a detailed list of pre-operative instructions to ensure the safety and success of your upcoming procedure. Remember to:
- Refrain from eating or drinking anything the night before your surgery
- Quit smoking, as it can increase the risk of complications and slow down healing
- Wear comfortable clothing, do not wear makeup, and remove nail polish
- Do not wear contact lenses to your appointment
- Prepare soft foods to consume upon your return home
- Purchase icepacks and tea bags to deal with post-operative swelling or bleeding
Because this dentistry procedure is performed on an outpatient basis, you will return home on the same day of your surgery. However, you will need a reliable friend or family member to drive you home while the effects of your medication wear off.
Our helpful team is always available to answer your questions, and we have helped many patients throughout Utah successfully recover from surgery and comfortably deal with aftereffects like swelling, bleeding, and pain.